1. A gorgeous option for the groom looking to stand out is the indigo kiku skinny tie from Kiriko Made ($89), the Portland-based boutique located in the heart of Chinatown. Inspired by the chrysanthemum bloom (or kiku, in Japanese)—which is the official flower of Japan since it was introduced during the Nara period—the classic-cut tie is made from Japanese fabric and lends an air of distinct refinement. Add a little extra panache with Portland-based Sticks and Stones’ maple wood tie bar ($175). Topped with copper and completed with a brass clip, the handcrafted piece is the perfect accent for a polished look. Available at Sticks and Stones’ flagship store in Chinatown.
2. Tailor your wedding-day attire with a dapper detail like the Outland floral bow tie from The Tie Bar ($19, thetiebar.com). This little pop of color features classic cream dots and a vintage-inspired floral design on a rich red background.
3. Don’t let its name fool you: The Autumn in Ireland bow tie from Mill City Fineries in Minneapolis, MN ($58, millcityfineries.com) is a savvy style choice for a springtime wedding. The playful floral print is balanced by the more traditional railroad pinstripe, making this reversible bow tie both fun and versatile. The material is 100 percent cotton that was hand-picked in Dublin, Ireland.
4. It’s equally cool to keep a staple piece, such as the boutonniere, simple and classic. Starflower Passion in Portland’s Belmont Neighborhood mixed a fresh white scabiosa with tweedia, porcelain vine and dusty millerribbon for a modern flair ($15).
5. Handcrafted from reclaimed Oregon wine barrels, Sticks and Stones’ copper wine barrel cuff links ($500) meld both light and dark shades of wood with copper hardware, adding an impressive touch to the groom’s ensemble. Available at Sticks and Stones’ flagship store in Chinatown.
6. Throw a modern twist on an old classic with The Tie Bar’s Geo Scope lapel flower pin in sky blue ($8, thetiebar.com). Made from 100 percent printed linen, the playful bloom would pair handsomely with a charcoal, navy or olive suit.