Garden Party: Five Decadent Wedding Cakes Inspired By Romantic Floral Design
1. A lush array of blossoms, including garden poppies, scabiosa, moth orchids and anemones, swathes this dramatic, five-tier creation from Bend-based Foxtail Bakeshop. Each tier is a different, delectable flavor, enveloped in butter cream and fondant. $15/slice.
2. This elegant four-tier cake from Sewell Sweets in Newberg features clusters of delicate blossoms in shades of lilac and apricot. Prices start at $6/serving.
3. From Lux Sucre Desserts in Wilsonville, a delicate vanilla cake filled with vanilla Italian butter cream laced with fresh Oregon berries is decorated in billowing layers of vanilla fondant and adorned with handcrafted tulips and greenery. Prices start at $10/slice.
4. Hand-painted forget-me-not blossoms adorn Portland-based Papa Haydn’s two-tier vanilla cake with orange blossom custard and fresh strawberries enveloped in ivory fondant. $8.75/serving.
5. Dream Cakes in Northeast Portland enlisted Salem-based Sugar Flowers by Shaile to create an assortment of sugar flowers in shades of pink, yellow and white to garland its four-tier buttercream-frosted cake. Prices start at $6/slice.