Truly Gifted: Welcome Bags Your Guests Will Love
1. Sign Up Give guests the gift of privacy with personalized door hangers from Portland stationery design house, Elli. They can customize everything from colors to illustrations to fit any theme. Prices start at $1.89/each.
2. From the Heart Portland’s Hilary Horvath Flowers pots succulent hoya plants in pastel ceramic containers. These tiny treasures make lasting favors: as the plants grow, their vines fill with more heart-shaped petals. $33 at Alder & Co.
3. Lip Service Chapped lips are a reality in the Northwest’s unpredictable climate. Keep your friends and family happily protected with Otter Wax’s addictive “Apple Cider” lip balm that’s made in Portland and features just a hint of cinnamon. $6 at Spruce Apothecary.
4. My Sweet For guests in need of a sweet treat, Portland’s own QUIN Candy makes sweet and tangy gumdrops from Dayton’s Viridian Farms cherries. $8/10 pieces. Their hand-wrapped and super gooey Dreams Come Chew is one of QUIN’s most popular candy. $12/20 pieces.
5. When in Portland Portland is serious about its beer and the growler is a serious beer drinker’s vessel of choice. The Portland Growler Company has a full line of growlers and smaller growlettes, all made entirely by hand in their Northeast Portland studio. 32-ounce Growlettes, $55 each; carrying crate, $70.
6. Ultimate Tote Sturdy, roomy, and totally Portland, this canvas market bag by Portland’s Little Bay Root is big enough to carry both wedding memories and treasures picked up along the way. $21.50.
7. Raise Your Glasses Despite rumors to the contrary, Oregon sun shines well into October. These shades by Portland’s Fetch Eyewear will protect guests’ peepers while doing a good deed: all profits go to local animal charities. $85 each.