Say ‘I Do’ in Central Oregon’s High Desert, surrounded by wine country, craft breweries and breathtaking landscapes.
6 Essential Honeymoon Items
Amid all the wedding planning--from finding the perfect dress to seating arrangements--getting bags packed, organized and ready for the honeymoon can seem like that one thing on the wedding to-do list that is easy to put on hold. And whether your post-nuptial plans have you packing for the beach, the mountains or going off-the-beaten path on the other side of the world, we've done a little legwork and picked our favorite travel essentials. And with the holidays around the corner, these goodies are perfect additions to that ever-expanding wish list.
1. Step in Time: We love these Vionic Tourney Walker sneakers not only for the great looks--choose between watercolor florals or sassy leopard print--but they are so comfortable you'll forget they are doctor-approved. With a patent-pending AMS (Advanced Motion System) technologym, these fashionable shoes are podiatrist designed and feature a bio-mechanic orthotic footbed and lightweight breathability. The technology provides superior support and stability and naturally re-aligns feet, helping to prevent and relieve over pronation, plantar fasciitis and pain in feet, ankles, legs, knees and backs. In laymen's terms? No more tired, blistered feet after a long day of sight-seeing...making slipping on your sexy heels for dinner time all that more appealing. $129, at Vionicshoes.com
2. Sun Safe: Protect your skin with this lightweight and luxurious feeling mineral-based sunscreen by MyChelle with Aloe and Vitamin E to soothe and protect. It's a great two-in-one moisturizing, replenishion and full of antioxidants to nourish skin while reducing photo-aging. Plus, it's made without all that nasty stuff--no GMO, gluten, parabens, petroleum, phthalates, sulfates, ureas, artificial fragrances and artificial Colors. Pick the formula that suits your skin best--from unscented sun protection to coconut scented or the replenishing Solar Defense that adds in anti-aging benefits (it's never too early!) And this Spring, MyChelle is releasing a spray-on zinc oxide spray that goes on clear and smooth without any sticky residue that is perfect for beach vacations. $20-28, at MyChelle.com
3. Poolside Fashion: Nothing says day at the beach like the delicate cotton embroidered Mykonos Kaftan from BHLDN. Slip on for those lounge days where you go from the pool to the poolside patio for lunch, this cover up is fashionable and the perfect amount of sexy. Plus, it can easily can pull double-duty for beach-bound sightseeing adventures--while still looking effortless and chic. $290, from BHLDN.com
4. Made in Shades: No honeymoon is complete without a stylish pair of sunglasses. Etnia Barcelona's brand new unisex Vintage Collection is a perfect sun-worshippers companion. The collection boasts 6 models of sunglasses and 8 models of optical glasses, each taking its name from a historic neighborhood in a major world city known for the cultural movements: Fitzroy in Melbourne, Florentin in Tel Aviv, Kreuzberg in Berlin, Malasaña in Madrid, Mission District in San Francisco, Montauk in New York, Shoreditch in London and Williamsburg in Brooklyn (pictured below). The collection utilizes original acetates from the 1970's, recovered from the factories of Mazzucheli, which are then reinterpreted with the brands ethnic identity create a unique vintage look. The metal earpiece features laser-etched modernist motifs while the temple boasts dozens of ethnic colors created exclusively by the brand and inspired from spikes, rays, and horn textures. $215, at EtniaBarcelona.com.
5. Touch-Up: There's nothing like keeping your makeup routine easy, breezy and beautiful--especially when you want to maximize your time with your new hubby. Honest Beauty's Everything Tinted Moisturizer is a must-have in every newlywed's arsenal. Pakced with chamomile and calendula help to calm and soothe with antioxidant-rich grapeseed oil, olive oil and aloe vera moisturize and condition skin. Infused with orange flower water, the tinted moisturizer offers true color and coverage for softer looking skin that has that just-married glow--while staying protected with a mineral-based broad spectrum sunscreen using non-nano zinc oxide. And Honest Beauty's creme blush is a no-brainer, infused with antioxidant-rich raspberry, grape and blackberry fruit extracts, the soft, moisturizing cream blush blends into skin for a natural-looking, healthy glow--and pulls double duty as a soft hint of color for the lips. Everything Tinted Moisturizer, $28; Creme Blush, $22; both at HonestBeauty.com.
6. Pack It Up: Po Campo's Midway Weekender (pictured below in sky stripes) is not only chic, but highly functional. Ideal as a carry-on, weekend getaway bag or packing up your necessities for the wedding weekend, this super cute bag boasts an array of pratcial details that make packing a breeze: a separate shoe compartment on the bottom (easy to access with the front zipper) makes it easy to store shoes, wet swimsuits or travel items like a carry on makeup bag, an abundant amount of pockets keeps everything organized and the front elastic straps make it easy to carry a jacket or beach towel without using up valuable interior space. And did we mention how cute it looks slung over your shoulder?! $95, at PoCampo.com