Back in the day, I would spend hours making mixes of my favorite songs for every occasion: Road Trip to the Beach Mix, Dad Made Me Do Yardwork Mix, Songs To Sing in the Car Mix, Songs to Sing in the Shower Mix, Shake It You Won't Break It Mix....the list goes on.
Today, it took me three hours to download the new update of iTunes (I'm pretty sure I was three of four updates behind, procrastinate much? I think so.) And in my time of reflection, I began to consider some of my favorite love songs:
"Brighter Than Sunshine" - Aqualung
- "I've Just Seen a Face" - The Beatles
- "The Luckiest" - Ben Folds
- "First Day of My Life" - Bright Eyes
- "Green Eyes" - Coldplay
- "I Will Follow You Into The Dark" - Deathcab for Cutie
- "Come Rain or Come Shine" - Frank Sinatra
- "I Will Not Take My Love Away" - Matt Wertz
- "Everything" - Michael Buble
- "Something Like You" - N'Sync
- "Find My Way Back Home" - Priscilla Ahn
- "Must Have Done Something Right" - Reliant K
There are so many musical selections out there, it's overwhelming! If you're searching for your first dance song or other meaningful tunes for your reception playlist, my best advice is to rummage through your best friends' musical tastes like one would go through an old trunk in the attic. Make note of the tunes you love, leave behind the ones you don't. Watch your favorite movies and look up their soundtracks if you hear a song you like. (Some of these for songs for me are "Feels Like Home" by Chantal Kreviazuk from How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days and "All I Want is You" by Barry Louis Polisar from Juno.)
And finally, check out the Green Wedding Shoes blog's Friday Love Song selections. I was super impressed with the handy playlists they had to offer and their superb musical style!